The Auburn School District Board of Directors consists of five members who are elected by the voters of the district. Board members serve four-year staggered terms and represent a specific geographic area. The board sets school policies within the guidelines of the law and the State Board of Education. Members are responsible for the following tasks:
- Set and evaluate district goals. Click -here- to view 2016-17 Stated District Goals.
- Decide how district money is spent and approve the budget.
- Serve as a liaison between the schools and community.
- Stay current with educational trends and work toward change when necessary.
- Approve personnel changes and salaries.
- Approve district instructional programs.
Auburn School District Board of Directors (left to right):
Robyn Mulenga, Laurie Bishop, Ryan Van Quill, Ray Vefik and Anne Baunach
The public is welcome to attend school board meetings. They are held the second and fourth Monday evenings of each month at the James P. Fugate Administration Building board room, located at 915 4th Street Northeast, Auburn. Sessions begin at 7 p.m. Special sessions are announced to the public in advance. For a schedule of the meetings, please call (253) 931-4900.