The staff of the Auburn Riverside Career and Technical Education (CTE) Department believe that our graduates need to leave ARHS prepared to pursue post-secondary education and to pursue a career of their choosing. Our courses are based on industry, academic, and career and college-ready standards allowing students to learn and practice the technical and academic skills required to be successful in the 21st century workforce. ARHS CTE courses prepare students to:
• Act as a responsible and contributing citizen and employee.
• Apply appropriate academic and technical skills.
• Communicate clearly and effectively
• Demonstrate creativity and innovation.
• Utilize critical thinking to make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
• Model integrity, ethical leadership and effective management.
• Plan education and career paths aligned to personal goals.
• Use technology to enhance productivity.
• Work productively in teams
Many CTE courses are articulated through South King County Tech Prep. Students can earn college credit for completing an articulated CTE course with a grade of "C" or better. In addition to satisfying the Career and Technical education credit (CTE) required for graduation, many CTE courses are also cross-credited as science, math, or fine art. Please check the ARHS Course Catalog for additional information.