Chinook is committed to the following waste reduction improvements:
1. Reduce paper use by limiting the use of paper handouts. Our website has replaced most handouts. Please visit the website often for the most current news and event information.
2. Reduce organic/compostable waste: Set up a share table where students can place or take unwanted school cafeteria foods. There is a share table in each hallway.
3. Reuse durable products, use bulk dispensers. Replace disposable or compostable trays with durable trays. Students use durable trays for lunch, compostable trays for breakfast. We have eliminated disposable utensils in favor of reusable utensils.
1. Recycling containers are in each classroom and the workroom, and staff lounge. All types of materials are collected for recycling.
2. We recycle the following optional materials: Food scraps, glass bottles, milk cartons, scrap metals, steel/tin cans and plastic jugs (kitchen area), ink jets and toner cartridges.
Auburn School District complies with all federal rules and regulations and does not illegally discriminate on the basis of age; gender; race; color; creed; religion; national origin (including language); sex; sexual orientation including gender expression or identity; honorably discharged veteran or military status; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; the use of a trained dog guide or service animal; and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Inquiries regarding compliance procedures may be directed to: Debbie Leighton at (253) 931-4932, Title IX Officer and Section 504 and ADA Coordinator.